EnderCast Episode #9 – Ender’s World
April 13th, 2013
Ho, launchies! We’ve got a new episode for you guys to listen to and this time we have two special guests, David Lubar and Alison Myers, a father-daughter duo that contributed the essay Parallax Regained in the newly released anthology Ender’s World. Here are some of our topics and relevant links.
News round up:
- Contests on EnderWiggin.net and Ender News for you to win Ender’s Game mini posters
- Butterfields’ game Racing Blind is out for the iPad
- Romeo and Juliet trailer with Hailee Steinfeld
- CinemaCon is coming up next week and Asa, Hailee, and Harrison will be receiving awards
Topics with David and Alison:
- Alison mentions in gender in Parallax Regained and how Scott has two well-crafted and dynamic female characters. As a female reader, it was a little disappointing that he had Petra fail on Eros. Why do you think he chose Petra for this incident?
- How can Peter/Valentine/Ender’s motivations be shown on screen, especially when we never get to see from Peter’s perspective?
- Thoughts on Anderson being changed to a woman and the effect of Asa being older on the transition of the story from book to film.
- Considering how the landscape of gaming has changed so much in the last 10 years, in a hypothetical situation that the IF needed to recruit for Battle School, could they do so in the pool of gamers out there today?
Big thanks to them both for putting up with our winging-it style of podcasting! Stay tuned for next week when we finally get a new vic… I mean, contestant on Pop Quiz, Fart Eater!